Winter on Florida’s Emerald Coast, Destin, and 30A:
Winter is a great season to visit the Emerald Coast! Snowbirders come down for the whole season, but you can escape the cold weather and plan a trip to the beach for all the following reasons:
- Lowest Rental Rates—The winter months bring the lowest rates on beach homes and condos in Destin, Miramar Beach and 30A.
- Restaurants—By avoiding the summer crowds, you can have no waits or no reservations at you favorite Emerald Coast restaurants, along with snow bird specials and winter deals.
- The Weather—Winter temperatures average in the low 60’s and sunny all the time, still comfortable t-shirt and shorts weather.
- Golfing—The winter weather is a great time to play golf. Destin, Sandestin, and Santa Rosa Beach are all know for their golf courses, many featured in Golf Digest as a “Top Place to Play in North America”. Tee times couldn’t be easier to get!
- Dolphin Tours—Destin has one of the largest communities of dolphins who enjoy the warm waters of the Emerald Coast year-round. Many people feel the dolphins are more active in the winter. A great way to enjoy seeing them is on a dolphin cruise on the Southern Star, an 80-foot long glass bottom boat.
- Fishing—Destin is known as “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village”, and winter months are no exception. Party Boat fishing on a large boat such as Swoop or Tradewinds makes the experience comfortable, with a galley and bathrooms, and affordable. Fish caught in the winter months include flounder, red snapper, grouper, cobia, and redfish, to name a few.
If you need a wonderful beach home to stay on 30A or Miramar Beach, get in touch with us at Sand Dollar Vacation Properties , where our winter rates are the lowest of the year.