Whether this is your first time or you are a repeat vacationer to the Emerald Coast, there are always other activities that you might want to try an fit in, if not this visit, then the next time you come on down!
1.BEACHES: Of course, this is the #1 reason people love to come to the Emerald Coast! With its beautiful white sugar sand beaches that help reflect back the sunlight, and give the gulf waters their beautiful clear emerald green colors. This is how you relax, and let the stress melt away! Schedule a class to learn how to make beach sand sculptures, or reserve a beach sunset bonfire (with s'mores!).
2. FISHING: Destin is know as "The World's Luckiest Fishing Village", with the Destin Fishing Rodeo held every month of October. There is always good fishing, from surf fishing, to fishing in the bay, to large party boats for exciting bottom fishing, to geared fishing boats taking you deep sea fishing in the gulf for those amazing trophy fish! There are gear providers for your own surf fishing, and captained boats from Destin as well as beach launches from Grayton Beach and in the Choctawachee Bay. If you don't like fishing, go for a dolphin cruise!
3. WATER PARKS/KIDS PARKS: Big Kahuna's in Destin is great location for an alternative to the beach with great slides, wave pools,and cafes. The Track in Destin has fun rides for all ages, putt putt golf, and an indoor arcade. Baytowne in Sandestin has a kid's area and arcade. Harborwalk in Destin has a kid's area and arcade as well.
4. SHOPPPING: There are wonderful large shopping areas in Destin at Harborwalk and Destin Commons. Miramar Beach has Silver Sands Premium Outlet Mall. Sandestin has both Baytowne, and Grand Boulevard. Pier Park by Inlet Beach. Don't miss all the wonderful small local shops along 30A, particularly in the communities of Gulf Place, Seaside, and Rosemary Beach. Cinemas at Destin Commons and Grand Boulevard.
5. GOLFING: There are numerous golf courses with public access all along Destin and 30A. A short list include the following: Santa Rosa Beach and Golf Club, Emerald Bay Golf Club Destin, Sandestin courses (3) The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, and Raven Golf Club. Kelly Plantation Golf Club in Destin.
6. WATERSPORTS: You can rent pontoon boats, jets skis, parasailing, banana boat rides, and even flyboarding. Don't miss "Crab Island", a huge sandbar about 3-4 feet deep at the mouth of Destin Harbor, with water activities, and a floating cafe/bar.
7. SEA LIFE SHOWS: Both Gulfarium on Okaloosa Island, and Gulfworld on Panama City Beach have daily shows, and ability to reserve special events such as swimming with the dolphins!
8. DINING: Great breakfast spots, like the Donut Hole, Cracking, The Pancakery, Great Southern Cafe, or The Perfect Pig. Lunch digs like the Crab Trap, The Back Porch, the Surf Hut, Pickles, and don't forget Seaside's Airstream Row. Dinner and nightlife from Bochamps, Brotula's, Shunk Gulley's, Old Florida Fish House, the Vue on 30A, the 30A Cafe, Lulu's, McGuire's Irish Pub, FOOW (Fish Out Of Water), George's for local food. Fun chains at Bubba Gumps, Joe's Crab Shack, Margaritaville, and Paula Dean's or Emerils. Don't forget to grab some after beach or after dinner ice cream at Brusster's or Blue Mountain Creamery.
9. BIKING/DUNE LAKES/SUP: The Timpoochee Trail stretches along the entire length of Scenic 30A, and is a favorite way to see all the iconic beach communities and the Dune Lakes, many of which you can access for SUP (Stand up Paddleboards), with bike and SUP equipment for rental all along 30A.
10. INDOOR FUN: Harborwalk has magic shows and magic school for kids, and hypnotist shows. Miramar Beach has Rainforest Blacklight golf and arcade, and Seascape has lasertag. Sandestin's Escapeology is the best escape room.
11. "STAYING IN": All our homes have conveniently located community pools or private pools, as well as boardgames, cards, puzzles, and DVD's.